Thursday, March 18, 2010

Red Flannel Hash of Sorts

Another winner!
Enough for 5-6 for breakfast.

2 large red potatoes, cubed
1 large onion, chopped
2 large beets, cubed
1 large carrot, chopped to match the size of the other veggies
butter
olive oil
thyme

5 breakfast sausage links, cut into little pieces, then browned
8 eggs ~ scrambled
sea salt and pepper, to taste
(optional: leftover sauteed greens ~ beet or otherwise, reheated )

Roast the first set of ingredients in a covered baking dish at 400 till soft. I took the lid off for the last 15 minutes.
I reheated the leftover greens with the sausage in its final minutes of cooking.
Then I layered the egg, and sausage mixture on top of the roasted veggies. I highly recommend doing the chopping and cubing the night before. That makes it much easier and quicker in the morning (I'll try to remember that next time!). Colorful, hearty, and flavorful.


No comments: